Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Office Antics

I've mentioned before that there's a healthy college rivalry here in my new office.  One of the losers, I mean dawgs, sits just outside my office.  I had to create a couple of new user ids into our system for him today.  Just to get his goat (though I honestly don't have any use for a redneck goat), I made his password "ugasucks."  I expected him to storm into my office demanding a new password.  Instead, he politely responded through email, "New password please."

Well, that wasn't good enough.  So I forwarded it over to a brother alum asking, "Do you see anything wrong with this password?"  (I cc'd the original guy to keep him in the loop.)  The dawg fan replied asking that his password be changed to "six years in a row."  Now that was the kind of response I was looking for.  Being fairly new to this whole "I give a rat's butt about my alma mater" routine, I didn't really have a comeback.  My brother alum filled in the gap by recommending I change the password to "Ga Tech has 4 national titles and u(sic)ga has only 2."  Longish, but effective.  The final request was from the dawg, "National titles won in prehistoric times don't count, we go by overall head to head record." 

Yeah, that's definitely too long.  It was rather fun listening to the laughter as each person opened up their email to read the latest suggestion.  The loser, d'oh! "dawg," finally came into my office to ask, "Is that really going to be my password?"  I laughed and told him no.  So I asked him what he wanted it to be.  He asked, "Can it be anything?"  Me: "Well, it can only be 8 characters."  In true dawg fashion, he was stumped trying to think of an 8 letter word that he would remember.  I had to "uga" it down for him by saying, "It can be less than 8 letters."  He left my office to ponder it.  Seriously?  Seriously.  I finally just assigned him a new one that was more favorable to his favorite school.  I won't reveal it, but lord, if he forgets this one, he will have certainly lived up to the uga name.

* All of this is posted in good fun.  I know I have faithful readers out there who are uga fans.  This world is plenty big enough for all kinds of people - even those who have bad taste.



Get the Live.com Holiday Page for recipes, gift-giving ideas, and more. Check it out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I like your photos. The problem is that it's hard for me to look at them with this stupid dial up connection that we have here. I even thought of having you take pictures of Todd and I in some unique location. Maybe on our next trip.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home