Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Balls!

Poly and I went out to try our new cameras today. First we went to a school that is completely misnamed. It is called Hopewell, but is SO not full of hope. I don't know how long it has been abandoned, but it is kinda creepy. It's all wet and dark and mildewy. Some rooms have a little bit of natural light. All the rooms have graffiti. (Did I spell that right?) We saw a few words repeated throughout the graffiti - my favorite was "BALLS!" I got an interesting shot of an electrical panel, a piece of paper with a butterfly on it and the boiler room.

Then we went up to a little town that doesn't even have a stoplight. There is a two-block long section in the middle of town that used to be "downtown." There are a few shops that are closed but still have a seriously odd combination of merchandise in them. In each of these shops, there are rocks that can easily be polished into gemstones lining the windows. Then in the middle of the shop, there's a table with these adorable Chinese statues. Then there's nothing in the back of the shop. And that's the exact setup in at least four stores. It's really weird. I loved the Chinese statues. I would totally buy one if the shops were ever open. But I don't think they are.

Anyway, to see my better photos, click on the Flickr link.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

It doesn't matter the context of the word "balls"- I always think of I dunno quoting that line out of "Kicking and Screaming." Laughing that follows is inevitable.
I do like the picture of the one in the boiler room. Poly directed me there to take a gander and that's my fave.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home