Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, December 22, 2006

How to Read My Blog

I was just reading through my blog and noticed the different types of postings that I make. I know what it all means, but maybe some of you fine readers don't. Even if you've figured it out, let me explain it to you anyway.

I post from three different sources: email, mobile and Blogger.com interface.

Mobile messages are short, usually only one or two sentences since they are actually txt messages. My phone allows me to store an email address which Blogger lets me use to post messages. I've sent these postings while on vacation, sitting in traffic, sitting in a theater, etc. I can send them from virtually anywhere. It's my way of saying "holla" to my peeps while I'm out and about. I like to know that my faithful readers are with me wherever I go.

Mail messages always have those annoying advertisements as the last line. I try to put enough space at the end of my message that you'll know when the ad starts. I may start using a tag line to let you know that I've finished my message. I typically send these from work. I don't want to hit Blogger.com from there, but don't mind having Hotmail open.

That means I typically only use the Blogger.com interface from home. I don't post from home too often since not much happens around here. Since I'm on the Beta version of the new Blogger.com, you will now see labels associated with these posts. (Technically, I could open up any of the other kinds of messages post-posting to add labels, but that'd be too much work.) Also, no adds at the bottom of these messages.

Not terribly interesting, I just thought I'd explain it all. Actually, I was kinda hoping that the other two posters in our little community who are sorta still keeping their blog would be inspired to try one of the alternate methods of posting. Let us hear from you whilst you're out and about in the world. You know you love to txt!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

Yeah, but we only txt other people. I've never txted blogger. I wanted to do the e-mail one, so let's see if I can try one or the other.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home