Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Weather Outside, Not So Frightful

But the Chocolate inside is oh, so delightful.

I forgot how much I love construction vendors during this time of year.  They send the best prizes! ("prizes" TM African Hag)  I am currently snarfing down a big ol' hunk of milk chocolate provided by the gas company.  The gas company, really?  I guess we have a choice for gas providers these days, but still.  I don't think of big utility companies as being happy for someone's business.  Granted, at 1600 homes a year (in this state), we give them a lot of business.  But I was still shocked to see that the ginormous slab of chocolate sitting in AP was from the gas company.

And about the weather, it is supposed to be 60 degrees on Friday.  What's that about?  I heard on an NPR podcast that they're having to cancel all kinds of championship skiing events in Italy.  All the conservative hippies (like our beloved Kimi Stewart) are ranting and raving about global warming.  (Hey, I'm trying to do my part.  My boss got annoyed at me just yesterday for putting paper back in my printer that had already been used on one side.  He walked away from my desk shouting, "Death to the trees!" and shaking his fist in the air.) 

Anyway, on this 60 degree Friday in December, my company is having it's annual Christmas BBQ.  You heard that right, "Christmas BBQ."  Don't ask me what ribs and hot dogs grilled over an open flame have to do with baby Jesus, I just work here...sorta.  It brings new connotation to the idea of "live animals at the Nativity," doesn't it? 

Anyone wanna do lunch on Friday over my way?  Nope?  I'll probably run to the bank, then.



Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live Toolbar Today! Try it now!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be able to do lunch around 1-ish or so.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home