Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Maybe I Do Belong at the Kids' Table

I just went to buy champagne for The Doctor's anniversary dinner tonight. I spent a long time looing at all the selections because I wanted to get a "dry" champagne. Technically, I bought a dry sparkling wine since it is from Spain, not that snobby area of France. Anyway, when I plopped down my $8.00 (fancy schmancy!), I could tell that the haggard older man was eyeing me funny-like. After taking my money, he looked back at me once more and said, "I gotta see your ID, just to be safe."

Granted, I was not wearing make-up and I did not reek of cigarettes like most of his patrons. But come on. I pulled it out with a sly smile and said, "I'll be 34 tomorrow." His eyes got really big when he said, "Well, you look good." I replied, "No, I just haven't abused my body like the rest of the trashy people in this store."

Well, it's all true up to that last line. I only thought that...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it silly that I am now at the age where Im flattered when I get carded?

HnB - I didn't know it before - but you and I are a year apart to the month.

I'll be 33 on the 23rd.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

What's the world coming to!? H'n'B hasn't posted in a week. Something's not wrong is it? The horrors of living without the Internet. I'm not connected to anyone!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home