Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Hostile Takeover Skies

Delta launched a new campaign yesterday called "Keep Delta My Delta."  US Airways has put in an "unsolicited" (otherwise known as hostile) bid to buy Delta for something like $8 billion.  Delta claims that experts value their company between $9 - $14 billion.  So a measley $8 bill is a slap in the face. 

I think Delta and the airport make Atlanta what it is.  If Delta shuts down (due to moving the corporate offices to wherever US Airways operates), I think a lot of businesses will either leave or at least new ones won't move in.

What am I doing about it?  I signed the electronic petition linked at the top of this post.  I like our fine city.  I like being able to fly from here to virtually anywhere.  Do you?



View Athletes' Collections with Live Search. See it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home