Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Anybody Got a Ladder?

My smoke detector is chirping incessantly to tell me that my battery is dead. Here's my question back to it? "Why are you located on my 9' ceiling?" Seriously. Who puts a smoke detector on a 9' ceiling? The detectors in Stinky Garbage Trailer are on the walls about 6.5' up. I can't reach up to get to them, but a normal step stool or even a chair puts me well within range. I don't have anything that gets me even remotely close to my 9' ceiling. It's really stupid. There's no place to put a broom, much less a ladder. I'd have to store the ladder in the basement and drag it up the stairs. And have I mentioned that the paint on my walls, specifically my stairway, gets a mark on it if I stare at it too hard? I hate to think how the walls will look after I drag a ladder up the stairway. And wouldn't you know the stupid smoke detector didn't start chirping until after 9:00 tonight? Too late for me to go out to buy a ladder (not that I could fit one into my car). How does tomorrow look? Not good since my mother is in the hospital. Looks like I'll be sleeping with the bathroom fan on tonight.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home