Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Good Soup, Fashion Ties and Moldy Cake

So I believe Good Soup Friday will become a regular thing. And now visiting the pathetic little Ingles next door is also part of the ritual, even though the mere mention of the word "Ingles" gives The Polyglot the jibblies.

Last week Good Soup was enjoyed by The Polyglot, Hugginest Boy, She's an Other and my friend who I'll call...Kimmi Stewart. Good Soup was a hit! Kimmi Stewart loved it. I ordered something new and loved it. I tasted someone else's dish and that was wonderful too. (Something to look forward to this Friday.)

After Good Soup, my nephews and I went to Ingles to buy some ice cream and chocolate cake. Remember, I bought chocolate cake from Ingles last week and it was very yummy. As we were fighting off the jibblies walking through Ingles, we saw something that endeared the place to me even more... FASHION TIES.

Sandwiched between the wind chimes and tissue paper was a rack of men's ties - 100% silk ties. The sign at top of the rack read, "Fashion Tie BLOWOUT!" Here, see for yourself.



Ah, yes. Everyone needs a good Fashion Tie BLOWOUT now and again. Here's the rack in situ (yes that is my Thai leftover box under the wind chimes).



And here's my very favoritest part of the whole thing - the tag that reminds the yokel employees not to throw away the rack.



You know they thought they needed that tag. The manager hung up those ties and said to himself, "At these prices, these fashion ties are going to sell like bagels*. I'll probably have an empty rack by the end of the day. I'd better remind my employees not to throw away the empty rack. We'll be getting shiploads of these fashion ties!"

I tried to talk The Polyglot into buying a couple. He wouldn't. Fashion tie snob.

After we left the parallel universe that is Ingles, my nephews and I went back to my place to watch my new Hollywood boyfriend, Joaquin Phoenix, in The Village.

We settled in with ice cream and ... moldy cake. Yep. The chocolate cake at Ingles ain't moving as well as them Fashion Ties. I had to scrape a li'l bit of mold off of the bottom before we could eat it. I sure wasn't going back to the time reversing vortex of Ingles to get my money back. I mean, isn't penicillin made from mold? Maybe Ingles runs a pharmaceutical lab on the side.

*On Project Runway, my favorite reality show, the adorably German Heidi Klum told one of the designers that his clothes would "sell like bagels." Bagels, hotcakes. What's the difference to a German supermodel? She doesn't eat either one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home