Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hump Day Photo


Here's another photo from my trip to SeaWorld. I recently visited the Georgia Aquarium and forgot to take my camera (you'd think I'd learn). I would love to have posted all kinds of cool photos from that trip, but will have to post this one instead. I call it "Singing Penguins" because they look like the Three Tenors to me.

These are Emperor penguins, the largest of all penguins. Interestingly, the male penguins incubate fertilized eggs by holding them on their feet. According to a website I found, "The males manage to survive by standing huddled in groups for up to 9 weeks." Can you fathom huddling in a group for 9 weeks in Antarctica? No wonder living in Orlando makes them want to sing ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this photo. And you're right, they do like the 3 tenors!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home