Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, January 30, 2006

For Posterity

"As you know, the concept of the suction pump is centuries old. Well, really, that's all this is. Except that instead of sucking water, I'm sucking life. I've just sucked one year of your life away. I might one day go as high as five, but I really don't know what that would do to you. So, let's just start with what we have. What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity, so be honest -- how do you feel?" - Count Rugen, The Princess Bride

One third of my life has been sucked away by work. Today is officially my 11th anniversary. (Congratulations on figuring out that I'm 33, by the way.) Perhaps it is even more interesting that I've spent all 11 years at the same company. We're not supposed to do that in this day and age. We're not supposed to have company loyalty. People don't hire on young, work their way up and then retire from the same company. So it's funny to me how many coworkers I deal with on a daily basis that are on their way to doing that with this company. I can name at least three people I work with daily that began here right out of college and are well into their double digit anniversaries.

Anyway, for posterity's sake, my posterior is killing me - too much sitting at this job. My massage therapist is always getting on to me about walking around more. I just can't do this job while walking around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My job offers lots of opportunities for walking. Come on over!!!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home