Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pseudo Hump Day Photo


I'm really proud of this shot. I went to Seaworld over the weekend with my sister's family. Like an idiot, I forgot to take my camera with me. I thought Seaworld would be more like a traditional theme park and not provide me with much opportunity to get interesting shots. So I was stuck shooting with my sister's digital camera (horror of horrors!). At the dolphin show, I put the camera on "Sports" mode to capture the fast moving action. I waited for the little buggers to leap and twirl and flip. I captured a lot of images of splashes as the dolphins reentered the water. D'oh! So finally one time I could see the "false" killer whale (pseudorca crassidens) underwater heading for the middle of the tank. I knew it was gonna do something big because a trainer had gone underwater with the thing. I focused on where I thought they'd appear and clicked the shutter as soon as they broke the surface. This is the resulting shot. The background makes her hard to distinguish, but there is a woman up in the air just above the snout of this beast. I'm annoyed that I cut off part of the tail, but very pleased that I got this kind of shot with digital. (Of course, if I'd had my camera with me, I'd have gotten all kinds of good shots.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you said you were at SeaWorld. Otherwise, I would've thought that was a photo of an Irish dolphin.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Irish dolphins are magical (though decidedly NOT magically delicious).

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home