Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Wanted: A Cool New Band

Done and Done. I found a really cool new band called The Edison Project. They're from August and unfortunately mostly play around that area. I went to see my friends new band at The Masquerade on Dec. 23. Don't tell my friends, but I liked The Edison Project better than them. (I'll talk about that whole evening later.)

For now, I want to encourage you to go over to The Edison Project's MySpace site and listen to the three songs they're spinning. Here's my opinion of the songs:

"The Love I Need" - Very Pop-y with a great hook. This is the song that caught my attention at the show. It's the first song on their latest CD and that's as it should be. This song would be a hit if it ever got airtime.

"Don't Be So Indignant" - Still Pop-y, good hook, more interesting song. While the first song is instantly playable, this song draws you in more gradually. After about 4 listens I decided that I liked this song better than the first. I can't explain why it didn't hit me in the face at the show, but I did remember it - mostly for it's use of the word "Indignant." Isn't it great that they worked that word into a pop song?

"All These Things" - Pop-ish, good song, nice use of the word "flicker." This is more reminicent of radio tunes I don't pay much attention to. That probably means this song would do really well on the radio - I don't like much radio music these days. You seriously have to hear how the dude says the word "flicker" in the first few lines of this song.

That's The Edison Project according to Horse N. Buggy. Check 'em out and decide for yourself.

Oh and some people think I have bad taste in music. But he's just wrong. Ask The Polyglot, I have great taste in music. He's 19, he should know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm guessing that last part was aimed at me. To set the record straight, I never said you have bad taste in music... although I do question the almost fanatical loyalty to Jeff Buckley.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home