Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Fun Weekend

I had a really fun weekend. I was supposed to work around Stinky Garbage Trailer and the new house of no name. (Is that like Billy Idol's Eyes Without a Face? House Without a Name.) But did I? Of course not, I played all weekend. Spitting Image and his wife came over on Saturday night. My Nephew and a friend of his were there too. We played Nertz. I got quite a kick out of My Nephew's friend. She's hispanic (should that be capitalized?). Nertz is a very fast and frantic game. She was very into the game and she kept making exclamations in Spanish. It was honestly the first time I've ever heard someone say "Andale!" in actual conversation.

The next day, What Am I Thinking? came to my meeting. A huge group went out to lunch after the meeting. That was nice. (I'd forgotten what that was like.) After lunch a friend came over and we played Mexican Dominoes along with My Nephew and What Am I Thinking? That was fun too, even if I didn't win. If I had only gone with the locals who play Canasta on Friday nights, I would have really played all weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home