Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

How Rude is Rude?

There are three people in my departments expecting babies in the next three months. Two are female, one is male (so obviously, it's his wife who's pregnant). You know that I just moved into a new house...built by my company. We always have a baby shower when someone is expecting. Typically when the man is the coworker, we try to arrange the shower so that his wife can come.
It doesn't make much sense to have three different showers, so I thought it was a good idea to combine them all into one large shower. Since we'd like for the man's wife to be there and a shower for three people takes a little more planning than for only one person, I also thought it was a good idea to have the shower at my house on a weekend. There's another little thing I was trying to accomplish by having this shower at my house...

We have struggled for the last few years with low morale in our department. We used to be a really tight unit full of people who genuinely liked each other. That has unraveled bit by bit. I thought that if we could get together in an informal atmosphere with everyone's families present, morale may benefit from that. Surely, the three people who were getting gifts from us would appreciate it.

Turns out...not so much. Two of the three actually said that they didn't want to drive all the way to my house on a weekend. Well, I'm sorry they couldn't be bothered to receive gifts and well-wishes. So I'm stepping back to let someone else handle the shower. I was just trying to be nice and they spit in my face. I give up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and you wonder why I started calling staff meetings "Fight Club"

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home