Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Big Boyz Update

The meeting went well. It's funny. The girl (woman - whatever, she's younger than I am and I still think of myself as a girl) who is technically the Project Manager on this initiative was too nervous to speak. So she asked me to do all the talking, even though I'm just the "IT Contact." No biggie. Evidently, she gets nervous around the CEO. He doesn't make me nervous in the slightest. The man who makes me nervous is the owner of the company. I get all dry-mouthed and tongue-tied around him.

Anyway, my boss and his boss both showed up. I didn't think they would. But it didn't matter to me either way. Essentially, we have this piece of software that we want to buy, but the price is going up after January 1st. We're not really ready to roll it out yet, but we wanted to tell "The Big Boyz" about it in case they wanted to jump on the lower pricing still available. Everyone basically agreed that it sounds like a good idea and something we will pursue, but we're not going to commit this month. That's what I expected, so I was in no way disappointed. In fact, I was encouraged that the CEO was much more up-to-speed on it than I expected him to be.

I'm just really proud of myself for not being nervous in the slightest. But I can't rest on my laurels for too long. I have to present another project to them within a couple of weeks and that one won't go as well. I fully expect them to shoot it down and I can't honestly say that I disagree with them. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home