Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The ? Hostelry

Last post I asked you to come up with a name for my new house. It may help if you knew a little about it...

It's a townhouse - 3 story.

The first story is the garage, unfinished space for a future bathroom and small room, and foyer (hardwood floors).

The second story is all hardwood floors and 9 foot ceilings. The first room is large and is supposed to be the living room and dining room, I'm not using it as a dining room so it is just a large living room with two sofas, two builtin bookcases and a fireplace. Then you walk past the powder room to get to the kitchen and breakfast room. My breakfast room is large enough to accomodate my dining room table without the leaf (good thing, 'cause I don't have a leaf). The kitchen has cabinets along three walls and an island separating it from the breakfast room. Just beyond the kitchen/breakfast room is the sun room. The sun room is 10'x12' and just large enough for my tv armoir and two club chairs. Off the sun room (behind the kitchen) is a small deck, but since I block the door with one of the club chairs, I'm thinking that I won't go out there much.

The third floor is all carpet and 10 foot ceilings. (Yes the ceilings are taller on the third floor, maybe to let the heat get further away from me?) There's a laundry room (you should have heard my father freak out about that, he didn't understand how wonderful that is). The front side of the house has a guest bedroom (possibly soon to be occupied by one of my loud and highly energetic cousins) with its own bath. The linen closet is just outside that bedroom. Then my room is down the hall on the back of the house. Three rooms make up my "suite" (sweet!). There's my actual bedroom (the walk-in closet would be considered a fourth room in NYC), my sitting room (just above the sun room, so it's the same dimensions) and my bathroom with shower, whirlpool tub and separate little toilet room. (I never had a separate little toilet room before!)

It's in the middle of an 8 unit building that faces a street. The street doesn't have much on it right now, but is about to be built up. The only thing on it right now is a fire station a few blocks south. Yes, I do hear sirens in the middle of the night...but it's better than that lady who used to stand on her porch and scream at the top of her lungs for her dog to come back inside. (Seriously, anyone want a good deal on a double-wide? Bad neighbors? No, no, the neighbors are peachy.)

You can see my dilema...it's too nice to make fun of. And I haven't done enough livin' in it to have any funny stories yet. It will all come, maybe I'm just rushing this name thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home