Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, December 05, 2005

The Weekend Update

I went home to Savannah over the weekend. A cousin of mine was recently married and his brother threw a reception for him at his house. It was a low-country shrimp boil. Yummy, yummy, for my tummy!

It was quite an evening. I saw relatives that I haven't seen in years - one cousin I hadn't seen in...10 years? I also got to watch lots of relatives get drunk. There's always drinking involved at family parties, but some of my cousins (and cousins' wives) were more tipsy than I've ever seen them. It was quite enlighting.

The new cousin seems like a nice girl. I didn't get to talk to her much, but she laughed at at least one of my jokes.

That's about all to report on the weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like fun! Did you take photos?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

No photos. It was dark and I just wanted to enjoy the evening.

Speaking of photos... I almost gave my cousin and his new bride a print of one of my photos. I thought he'd probably enjoy it. But I'm always nervous about doing that because I'm afraid it looks cheap. "Gee thanks for pulling this out of your closet and giving it to me." As it turns out, I'm very glad I didn't do that. His new wife is a photographer. That would have been really embarrassing. The last thing you give a photographer is an unrequested photo you shot.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home