Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm a Meth-Head

So, a couple of years ago my boss introduced me to what we call the "miracle drug" - Aleve Cold & Sinus. If you have congestion and/or a headache, this stuff works. And it works for about 10 hours. There was a period of time when I popped two pills a day continuously. (Turns out I didn't have sinus trouble, I just needed to dust more than once a year.) Back then, I'd buy 2 or 3 20 pill boxes at a time. That was almost a month's supply.

I started thinking about little things like warning labels. You know, "Don't take this for an extended period of time." I've made a concerted effort to get off this wonder drug. (It helps that I'm changing my sheets on a more regular basis and kinda dusting.) But every now and then I legitimately have a sinus headache. At times like those, I still need my drugs.

A couple of weeks ago, I found myself at Target and wandered over to the medicine aisle to pick up a box of fantabulous drugs. Imagine my surprise to find out that I had to get the box from the pharmacist. This wonder drug is no longer on the shelf. It gets better.

When I requested a box of miracle drugs, the pharmacist asked for my license. I was a little taken aback. She then proceeded to enter information from my license into the computer. What did she enter? My license number? My name? My age? What?

I asked her why they kept it behind the counter now. This fantabulous wonderful miracle drug can be used to make ... Crystal Meth. People were buying several boxes at a time to grind up the pills and make a real wonder drug. Now I've been added to some national database as a person who likes to buy Aleve Cold & Sinus. Thank goodness I didn't request 3 boxes like back in the day. I wonder if she would have sold me that many boxes.

So if you've got a lab and need someone to buy your ingredients...I'm already on the list, I may as well get them for you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo.... DC's a drug dealer, huh. Let me guess your first dose of Aleve free... Everybody's taking it... Poor girl you didn't stand a chance.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Yeah, it's all DCC's fault. What's the street slang for that? I gotta start calling him something like "pusher-man."

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home