Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Work Bobby Dodd Story

On Tuesday, my employer allowed a group of 20 volunteers to interact with the clients at The Bobby Dodd Institute. We took the clients still enrolled in a work readiness program to The High Museum of Art. We looked at two examples of portraits to see how the artist (and in one case the subject) displayed elements of personality through the art. Afterwards, we went down to one of the museum's work rooms and displayed elements of our personality through own self portrait (I was one of the few volunteers to do a self portrait, which I then left on the bus).

After the workshop, we literally ran through the Andrew Wyeth exhibit. If you have not seen this exhibit, get ye there. It is stunning. I can't believe I'd never heard of Wyeth before. My favorite painting was called "Adrift." (Sorry, but I can't seem to find an image of it on The Internets.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home