Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

imdb me

I haven't told you about my fun experience at The Masquerade last month. Well, I told you a little, but not all.

My friend has a video production company. She bought a really swanky camera and will use it to shoot all kinds of things. Her husband is my friend that's in a band. Four bands were playing at The Masquerade one evening and her husband wanted her to film their performance. He also thought it would be a good idea to film all the bands. They even arranged for another friend to record the audio.

The really cool thing is that she asked me to run the second camera. It was just a little hand-held camcorder, but still...

I showed up and did my best. I mostly filmed from the right side of the stage. I tried to get interesting shots, but a lot of what I filmed was repetitive. One of the shots I can't wait to see could be fairly neat. The Masq has mirrored columns. I found myself standing by those columns, so instead of pointing the camera at the stage, I filmed the bands in the mirror. Like most of the decor in The Masq, the mirrors are not perfect. They're a little warped. I had some fun filming through that effect, making it look like a funhouse mirror. This was particularly fun to do on the lead singer. I squished his head and made his body look really long. (You have to know the guy to get how funny that is. I was actually giggling while filming that part.)

I don't know if she's been through the footage yet. I can't wait to see what comes of it. Hopefully she will edit it into something really cool. At the very least, I'll get a copy. And if she does credits, which I'm sure she will, I will have a DVD in my collection that lists me as Second Unit Camera Operator. Woo to the Hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home