Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Roomie Update

So, it's been almost a week since Roomie moved in with me. Let me walk you through some of my reactions.

Roomie likes to cook. He uses an average amount of pots and pans when he does so. He does not necessarily put those into the dishwasher immediately after using them. I have been cleaning up the kitchen after him. Each time I've done it, I've wondered if I'm "enabling" him. But so far, none of the "messes" have been a big deal and I genuinely have not minded doing it.

This morning I knew that he had come home after me the previous night. I did not make a point of switching our cars around. I went to bed thinking that I'd have to do it in the morning. So I was very pleasantly surprised to find that he did it at some point yesterday, perhaps even when he got home. It looks like he has noticed that I'm doing little things for him and he's returning the favor.

I was also very happy to see that he had cleaned up after himself today. He put his dishes in the dishwasher on his own. He didn't stack them correctly, but I can deal with reordering them.

To top things off, he even cleaned out the microwave which had gotten pretty dirty as some of his reheatings exploded. BONUS!

I'm interested to see if all this consideration continues after the first month or so. Let's find out what happens when people stop being polite and start getting real.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is what's known as the honeymoon stage, no? :-)

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home