Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Should I Have Said Something?

I was sitting in a meeting this morning with a couple of outside consultants and coworkers. One of the coworkers is relatively new and has been made the boss of the other two in the meeting. (One of those has been here for years, so he may not be happy about it though he hasn't expressed that to me.) Anyway, this new guy presents himself very professionally. This particular department has made a big effort to improve their image and be seen as a "firm" within the company (Joe, this is your pre-IT department). All the men wear ties and nice shirts now. It's a little creepy.

So I look over at this ultra professional guy during the meeting and can't figure out what's going on with his shirt. It's all weird. I eventually figured out that he had only buttoned down his collar on one side. But instead of using the collar button, he had managed to button it to the second button of the shirt (which was already through the second shirt buttonhole). So his tie was thrown over to one side and his shirt looked like someone was pulling on it with an invisible thread.

There was never a time for me to get over to tell him privately. I just saw him in the cafeteria and his shirt is still like that. Oh well. I can't help everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds a little too much like the old days. I'm torn on this one...

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home