Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'm Nonplussed

Don't read this post before you've read the long one further down.

You all know that I don't celebrate Valentine's Day... Christmans, birthdays ... yadda yadda yadda. But when someone leaves me chocolate, I don't make a big deal about it. There's always some girl at work who's so in love with love that she wants to spread her infernal cheer to all within striking distance. So I wasn't totally shocked to see a chocolately treat standing outside my locked office door this morning. I figured it was our department do-gooder/cheerleader/reality show contestant/beauty pageant veteran.

But I got in at 7:00 and she wasn't here yet. There was no Dove hollow chocolate rose outside the door of her boss' office. Huh. So probably not her. I brought the rose into my office thinking it would be a nice after lunch treat. I assumed whoever left it would send me an email or stop by to see how I liked it.

So it's now a couple of hours into the work day and no one has owned up to leaving it. No one else in my department got one. Maybe I should look at do-gooder's desk (surely she got one). Be right back...

Yep, she got one. Whew. I was beginning to worry that I had a secret admirer with a penchant for ham cleavage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home