Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

CSI College Park

Through a little opportunistic detective work, I figured out who left us the chocolate roses. And by opportunistic I mean that a consultant I'm working with asked me, "So who gave me the chocolate rose?" Since she is only working with two men in our company, her question kinda narrowed down the field. We were able to single out the culprit by directly asking one of the men if he was responsible. You could see the epiphany on his face as he immediately understood that it must be the other guy.

Evidently this has been going on for a few years and the guy has been able to protect his anonymity. Well he blew that by including the two consultants! I got finally confirmation from a woman in his department who I knew would know. She verified. Evidently he handed out a chocolate rose to each lady in his department. Since I'm working with him on a project right now it makes a little bit of sense that he included me. We're not terribly certain why he included the do-gooder (beyond that obvious fact that she's adorable).

On a completely different note, did you know that the term ghetto comes from Italian? It was an area of a city walled off to separate Jews from the rest of the Christian population.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home