Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Playing with Boys

Games. I thought guys played them. Evidently, I'm wrong.

No, I'm not talking about psychological games. I'm talking about real games, with rules and dice and cards and timers. I'm having people over on Saturday night to play games - board games, Dominos, card games, whatever. As always, I sent out an Evite invitation. The first guy to respond said that he might come. Fine, he probably has another invitation and is trying to figure out how to politely say no to one of us.

The next "guy" to get the invitation was I Dunno. His response? "What kind of games are we going to play?" Dude, you're 14. I'm inviting you to hang out with a bunch of cool older people. Does it matter what kind of games we're going to play? If you have a better invitation, take it. If you've got nothing else to do, come over to my house and at least eat pizza.

The third guy was our beloved Polyglot. Naturally, he just said, "Detail? I don't need any details. I'm there. I don't care what we're doing." Granted, I still have to get him there. Since I just found out that he's going to have fun family in town this weekend, that may be prove to be a little more difficult. But of course they are more than welcome to join us.

So this leaves the last guy. His response? "What kinds of games are we going to play?" Say that again, 'cause you sounded just like my 14 year old nephew. Am I missing something here? Do guys really not like games? All of my girlfriends tell me that they're excited about an evening of playing games. All my guy friends from the past have seemed to enjoy it. But now it looks like I've uncovered a deep dark secret.

Boys don't like to lose. If they think there's a chance that they will lose, they won't even show up.

Wow. That's how I feel about psychological games - not board games. Lighten up dudes.

Oops, there is one more guy. I'll either get an email from him asking who I am ('cause he never remembers me) or asking what games we're going to play.

I guess girls are just more fun! (And The Polyglot!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home