Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sporty Spice

First, I want to comment on her nickname. By no means does this friend look, sound or dress like the Spice Girl of the same name. However, she is by far the most athlectic woman I know. This name popped into my head a while ago and I am glad to finally unveil it (and her).

So anyway, Sporty Spice is a really really nice girl (woman?). (I never know how to refer to single ladies around my age. I still think of myself as a girl, but I don't want to offend them if they think of themselves as women.) She was probably the first person to befriend me in my new congregation. In fact, she was so nice and welcoming that I was convinced The Doctor had told her some sob story about how pathetically I needed friends. Truth is, I was so pathetic that it didn't matter to me if she was befriending me out of pity. Someone was being nice to me and I wasn't about to turn my nose up at it.

Maybe her name should be Sporty Nice? Yep, I think I like that better.

I think the first social thing I did with the Roswell crowd was to hang out with Sporty Nice and her friend Top Model (you don't have to think very hard to know who that is). We played cards with an older couple at a restaurant on a Friday night. Friday Game Night became a "thing" for a while around here, though I somehow never got back to it. (Even Sporty Nice and Top Model eventually stopped going.) But that first evening was a lot of fun and I learned to play Canasta, a game I'd always wondered about.

Sporty Nice and I weren't attached at the hip (good thing, 'cause she's a head taller than me). But I enjoy her company and think she's a stellar person. And now she's gone - moved on to greener (and I do mean greener-backed) pastures. But something tells me that I'll keep in touch with her. If not in person, at least through this blog.

Welcome to the blog Sporty Nice. Have a look around, check out the archives and most importantly, leave your comments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

I guess she got lost on the way...

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home