Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Inappropriate Art

I was going to tell you about the Austalia v Italy match. But something funny just happened that I have to relay. (You just wait, you'll get your Socceroo update yet.)

I'm sitting in a meeting right this very second with three men. We're a conference room with a very controversial piece of art. It's a painting of a scene from some movie. It's painted from the viewpoint of a creepy person looking in on a glass house at a naked lady in her bedroom. Even though she's in the distance, there is no doubt that she's naked.

I have meetings in this room quite often. I actually have learned to ignnore the painting. But one of the guys in the meeting is a consultant from the company in Boston. My boss and I happened to sit so that he would have to face the painting. The other guy facing the painting is a guy in his 20s. He is a typical male living the single life. He sat down at the table and said, "I've never been in this room before." Then he did a cursory glance around the room. I was watching his face. He looked over the painting and then his eyes shot back to the naked lady. I could see the thoughts go through his head, "Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah - naked lady. I'm going to use this room for every meeting from now on."

I should mention that we're also using this same guy's computer for the demo. The wallpaper image is of a museum downtown. Being a kinda artsy-fartsy kind of guy, he hid/blended an image of one of his favorite sculptures in one of the buildings. The sculpture? A naked dude.

I'm surrounded by images of nekkid people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home