Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Pivotal Point

I got my hair cut the night before the District Convention. The guy who cut it was weird. I like to use Great Clips. The first time I went in there, a man cut my hair and I ended up not really liking it. Maybe I didn't express what I wanted very well, but he seemed to just ignore me and cut it the way he wanted to. The next time I went in, I really didn't want to get that same man. Thankfully I got a lady who did a fairly good job. I was pleased with the results.

This time, I wanted to get the same lady but I didn't see her. The guy who either owns or manages the place took my "reservation." (Not that Great Clips has reservations, but they greet you when you walk in and put you in line in the computer.) He told me that my lady wasn't available. I'd waited until the LAST minute, so I was stuck with whomever I got. He said some things that he thought were clever. They weren't. I didn't understand what he was trying to say or why he thought he was so witty. (I guess I know how people feel when they meet me.)

Finally, Mr. Thinks He's So Clever was the one to cut my hair. Great. But at least it wasn't the other guy. Mr. Clever turned out to not be so bad. We still had a communication problem, but he knew what to do with my hair. He was blunt about my flaws - what I needed to hide and how to do so. He did go a little overboard telling me how lovely my hair is - I don't think it's anything special. Most importantly, he showed me a few tricks to add body to my hair. This is something that would keep me up at night if I let stuff like that rob me of sleep. I HATE flat hair. He was able to convince me that I don't have to live with flat hair (or at least I can make the best of it).

Mr. Clever cut a "pivot point" into my hair. I'm having the flip-top installed next time - free access to my brain for one and all. So...yeah, I don't know what a pivot point is but I know that I've gotten a lot (and I mean a LOT) of compliments on it. I don't know that I'm styling it the way he did, but it's better than it was before. And best best best of all, the dude knows how to cut my bangs! I'm a freak about my bangs. They have to be just right or they annoy me to no end.

So, this post isn't very funny. Sorry about that. I did think it was pretty funny when less than 48 hours after kissing up to me and telling me what fabulous hair I have, Mr. Clever called me a "Stupid B!tch." I was pulling in to the Chick-fil-A to get breakfast before the convention on Saturday morning. This parking lot is annoying because when you turn in, you have to immediately turn again. You can only do it safely at, like, 2 mph - which no one does. I see people almost have head-on collisions in that parking lot all the time. So anyway, this time I was the moron who whipped into the lot too fast. But it was 7:00 on a Saturday morning, how busy could it be? Just busy enough for me to barely miss hitting Mr. Clever - who was screaming at the top of his lungs at the moron (that'd be me) whipping into the lot too fast. Take a chill pill, dude. I didn't hit you. You look stoopid yelling inside your car.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, this post is actually pretty funny. You found someone who knows what to do with your pivot point and then he cusses you out the next morning. I wonder if it dawned on him later that he cussed out the chick with the great hair?

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home