Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm Cracking Myself Up

Trust me, you never want to watch "The Princess Bride" with me. My mother was annoyed out of her skull the last time she tried to do so. And if my Mama can't love me while I'm watching that movie, no one can.

Why do I bring this up? Because I'm sitting in my office with my bedroom TV around the corner playing TPB on AMC. I'm saying every line I can remember along with the movie, which is about every 4th one (except in really good passages). I can't help but giggle the whole time at the ridiculousness of me sitting in my room by myself, reciting lines along with the TV. But dang! This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. And there are so many opportunities in life to quote it.

"Good night, Wesley. Good work. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny you should suggest such a great movie for GSAM. Idunno, and I were just talking about how that one hasn't been on the list yet. I can love you as long as I can recite it too!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

I wouldn't put y'all through the pain of having to watch that with me. However, I've never seen "Young Frankenstein." Maybe we can do that tonight?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

I don't think i can make it for dinner because of a special golf outing, but i should be home in time to meet you guys for the movie. Young Frankenstein is scrumptrulescent.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I commented 2 hours ago and just now realized it never published. I was wondering why you weren't responding...Are you dining at Ubon thai tonight my dear?

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TPB is THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!! And I'm just as annoying to watch it with. What's the fun watching it if you can't quote it? I mean, really.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home