Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's bigger than the TV!

I love Walgreen's. You can buy just about anything there. I stop by there at least weekly, if not more often. Last week, we learned how men with muscly butts are more important than women with breast cancer. Last night I learned that not all products are trying to get smaller.

While many now sport cellphones smaller than a bobby pin, Walgreen's is selling a remote control that is larger than your TV. I imagine that this is for the macrodegeneral generation (da old folks), but I question whether they are able to lift it. At some point readability gets in the way of heftability. Next thing you know, they'll make TV remotes larger than a laptop. Oh wait, this thing already is larger than the new Ultra Mobile PC, which is a fully functioning PC.

I put my hand in the shot to prove how large it is and to show that I'm not doing any trick photography.

3 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

I would buy it. It would never get lost and if it fell off the couch (like mine does all the time and now 1/2 the buttons don't work, forcing me to either press harder or get myself up off the couch and go to the tv, equaling too much effort either way and am usually stuck watching OLN or C-SPAN cuz I'm lazy), it probably wouldn't break. And you would be less tempted to take it into another room and leave it. Ingenius! I must find a walgreens!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Yeah, there's no losing that remote, unless you have sofa cushion cracks proportional to that thing, and if you do... call me. I'd like to see your couch.

Also, if people are worried about frying their brain cells on the cell phone or in front of the microwave, maybe they should be concerned about this remote. I'd be afraid that i'd hit the mute button and my neighbor's garage door would open or something... hey...?

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colossal in deed! Finally some truth in advertising.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home