Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Should I support dying women or men with muscly buttocks?

I was at Walgreen's yesterday morning when I noticed something that slightly horrified me. In the last-minute-oh-crap-I-really-need-that-bald-eagle-shaped-razor-aisle just before the cash register, I saw those little plastic/rubber "cause" bracelets that have become so popular. What astounded me was that right next to the pink-fight-breast-cancer bracelets was a red bracelet simply titled "Falcons" and bearing the team logo of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons.

I was in too much of a hurry to pick up the package, but I snapped a pic for you. From my unusually clear camera phone photo, you can see that there is no "cause" marketed on the packaging. It looks like this is simply a way for fans to declare their undying love for men who make way too much money and have very disturbingly overdeveloped buttocks.

How? How can Walgreen's seriously, in good conscience, display these bracelets next to Breast Cancer bracelets? And who could reach past the bracelets that fund research to fight the number one killer of women (your mama being a woman) to buy a stoopid bracelet for a sports team? (Yeah, yeah, I know breast cancer is not the leading cause of death in women...I'm making a point, here.)


If you notice, there are far fewer Falcons bracelets than breast cancer bracelets. I don't know if that means the Falcons bracelets sold like bagels or if Walgreen's didn't stock as many. Regardless, I better not catch any of you wearing a Falcon's bracelet into my home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

But pink and black look cool together... i think. I wear pink ties with my black suit. Shnnnnazzy...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

But the bracelet was red, which, if you ask me, goes with very little...as compared to black, which goes with everything.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a red bracelet with a black suit just screams UGA!!!! woof woof woof!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home