Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Bundle O Nerves

I can't believe American Idol is down to four finalists and I like every single one of them. Usually by this time I have a clear favorite. That is not the case this season. I didn't care too that the little girl from Fayetteville was booted last week. She will make it on her own. Anyway, here are my feelings on the remaining contestants:

Kathrine McPhee - Lovely voice and lovely girl. Like Kelly Clarkson, I think she can sing just about anything. Is the similarity enough to make her a winner? Maybe. She would certainly blend well with their song writing abilities.

Elliot Yamin - Actually, he is probably my favorite. When he hits it, man, he knocks it out of the park. Last week he sang "Home" better than Michael Buble (it was playing in my head for days). However, as much as I love him, I'm not sure I want him to win. I don't think "they" could write the kind of songs that I want to hear him sing. He needs the freedom to be the next James Taylor, but I don't know if they'll give it to him.

Chris Daughtry - Yum. Rocking voice, bald head. What more could I want? I probably won't like a thing he puts out after this show is over, though. It will all be overproduced. If he could follow in the steps of Chris Cornell, I would continue to be a fan. But I'm sure he'll be more like Fuel or [insert any current rawk band name here].

Taylor Hicks - Which leaves the freak. I probably want him to win. His style is so unique that they couldn't force him into their mold. The AI people would actually have to be creative with their song writing. It's a rebel concept, but it just might work. I think we'd actually see them do funk if Taylor won. That would be cool. Go Taylor Hicks! Wow. He was my favorite at the beginning of the season. And while he's technically not my favorite any more, I'm still routing for him. Impressive. But that actually means that he'll come in second. Mark. My. Words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home