Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Brrrrrrrrng Brrrrrrrrrng - Hello Moto

I got a new phone this week. I have to admit that I was suffering from phone envy - all you people with your camera phones taking photos in Ingles of goofy things that I want to blog about. I waited to replace my phone until it had a full length crack running down the screen. Although that didn't seem to affect the functioning of the phone, it was a decent excuse to dump it.

Well, I didn't actually dump it. It is ... I don't know the terminology for it, but it can connect to the phone networks over in Europe. So next time I'm there, I can rent a SIM card and BANG! I have mo-bile (rhymes with "go file", not to be confused with the apparatus hanging over a baby's crib) service.

Here's a link to my new phone (though I didn't pay that much for it) - http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/motorola-v360-from-tmobile-136366.php.

If you know what "high-speed EDGE capabilities" are, fill me in please. I got no clue, but it sounds exciting. Hooty hooty. I haven't hooked it up to my 'puter through Bluetooth yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so. I think sending photos back and forth through T-Mobile's messaging service is gonna get expensive. So far, I have shot some pretty cool wallpapers.

7 Comments:

Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

"Enhanced Data for GSM Evolution (EDGE) - The final evolution of data communications within the GSM standard. Based on 8PSK modulation, EDGE provides 3G packet data throughput on GSM networks, and uses a new modulation scheme to enable data throughput speeds of up to 384kbit/s using existing GSM infrastructure."

Clear as mud?

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep. I'll remember to re-read this the next time I have trouble sleeping.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

also, i must say i will be using the phrase "hooty hooty" in many future moments of excitement and jollity.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

i forgot to mention last time that most wallpapers are better than the Bing Crosby one... which anagrams into Sobbing Cry. By the way, is it still considered stalking if the person's dead? you should think about that.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Bing Crosby also anagrams to Bobs Crying. Bing had a brother named Bob. Why would be crying? 'Cause he couldn't sing as well as Bing! It should anagram to Bings the Best Singer This World Has Ever Seen.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

But what about Karen Carpenter?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

She's the best female singer ever. Jeff Buckley is the best musician ever. JS Bach is the best composer ever. World Party is the best band ever.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home