Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Booty

Sorry, this is not going to be another post about an underwear buying spree. I'm going to talk about my party booty, my spoils, da goods, all dat stuff da people's gavin' to me.

Yes, we had my housewarming party today/night. It began at 2:00 pm...and Julie just left (at almost midnight). The funny thing? My house ain't so warm. It's rather cold. Oh, I put the air on 70 / 68 thinking it would get too hot from the droves of people. Droves? No. People? Only da cool ones.

Let me hit the highlights of this lovely day:

1. Kimi got to see my bedroom! YaY! She was so excited to be let into the sanctum sanctorium.

2. Roomie up and went to California. He came home at 1:00, handed me a card and said, "I'm going to San Francisco for a few days." ...Okay.

3. A friend agreed (after I admittedly put him on the spot) to fix the sofa Kimi and IDunKnow broke two weekends ago. He can't get to it immediately, but he will be able to fix it. A thousand times YaY! (And yes, I too was sitting on it when it broke. It's just funnier to blame petite Kimi.)

4. We had an Irish good time. That means we sat around and told stories for quite a while. The Polyglot sure knows how to string all his language skills together to tell a good yarn. I'm much better at writing my stories and don't mind reading them aloud if I have access to them. (I would love to have told my "Do you know the way to San Jose?" story. But it is MUCH funnier to read than to tell.)

5. I got lots of great things. As I sit here, surrounded by my booty, I'm thinking housewarming parties are one of the best inventions ever. (No, I didn't really bring all my booty into the bed with me, it just sounds better in a literary sense.) We need to just periodically have parties for people. We need to give presents more often. We should always have a wish list at common stores. If I feel like getting Kimi or Julie a gift, I'll just check out her wish list and buy something off it. (You can do this on amazon.com. Go forth and build your wishlists!)

6. NO PLANTS! Woo to the hoo. No one gave me a plant. I was very worried that someone would. While I love the idea of having a house full of plants, I cannot live with the reality of it. I have killed every plant I've ever owned. I hate dusting them, too.

Best gift? That would be tacky to answer.
Most unexpected gift? Black socks. Perfect, absolutely perfect.
Worst gift? Something I ate or drank gave me an upset tummy after the party. Maybe it was the Muscadine Champagne. (Yeah, you read that right...MUSCADINE Champagne. It's a Southern thing.)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's pretty amazing that you didn't get any plants! Are you still eating pigs in a blanket?

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad my language skills make me a good sower of yarns... i never realized that before, but maybe you should read some of my writing now that i've sent it to J...

And FYI... in my sickness, i have been eating Pigs in Blankets and little bread toasties with cheese and tomato if i wake up to go downstairs... yes...

2:06 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

I should just set you up with your own blog (thepolyglot.blogspot.com) so we can all be entertained by your stories. 'Cept you couldn't necessarily tell all the same ones in such a public forum...

2:15 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Actually, I thought about setting up a wiki style site that we could all post to...

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"my booty" makes me laugh even though you 'splained it.

sorry the 'glot is sick. poor 'glot!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey glutton, oh wait that is me, I meant Polyglot..."someone" left icecream in the fridge down here. I am sure I was to presume it was a gift.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Wait. Y'all are in the same building, but using my blog to communicate with each other? Horse N. Buggy, connecting people separated by two floors.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not anonymous!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

"I am not an animal!"

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home