Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Brain Blast!

Or not. So, last Friday we were supposed to watch the Jimmy Neutron movie after Good Soup. I bought the movie from amazon earlier in the week and thankfully it arrived in the mail on Friday. I had it in my car with me on the way to eat Good Soup. Since Roomie was out of town for the weekend, I locked up the house and left for the restaurant.

During dinner, I got a call from Roomie to say that he was locked out of the house. No, I hadn't given him a key yet. Yes, he's lived there since February. I did try to get a key made once, but Walmart was out of that key type. I had not made time to go back since. Back to the story, I told Roomie to come get my keys from the restaurant and then leave them in the garage. I have a garage door opener, so I'd be able to get into the house. Problem solved.

It wasn't until the end of dinner that I realized I'd given all of my keys to Roomie, including my car key. That garage door opener didn't do me any good inside a locked car...neither did the movie du jour (le film du soiree?). I remembered that my mother has a key to my house, so I swung by there to get it. We picked another movie out of my stack of 2 or 3 DVDs, though not the one I really wanted to see - Cinderella Man. We'll see that someday soon.

Confession time. Like a dork, I remembered too late that I have a remote to my car in my purse (are you getting the picture that I never use it?). While I could not have started the car, I could have gotten in to get the garage door opener and the movie. We could have watched the originally scheduled movie. Oh well. I watched a couple of episodes of Jimmy Neutron yesterday. That will hold me over until we can reschedule the movie.

And yes, I had a key made for Roomie on Saturday. No more locking him out of the house. I think there's an extra one for The Polyglot, too. Now he can lock up after himself when he leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home