Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Save the Socks

My shoes have waged a sneaky campaign against their greatest enemies...my socks. This campaign was so sneaky that I didn't realize it was happening. I thought that after years of faithful service my socks had worn out. I was constantly tugging at them. I would look down to find them all bunched up around the middle of my foot. I started throwing them out despite the fact that this was happening with some of my favorite socks.

I didn't figure out that the problem was in my shoes until today ... after throwing away at least 3 pair of really comfy socks. I finally realized that this was only happening with my black socks ... which I only wear with my black shoes. Curses! I may be able to rescue one or two pairs of socks from my bedroom trash can - nothing nasty goes in there, well except dirty but still perfectly good socks.

Looks like I'm a-going shoe shopping this weekend. What are the odds that Ingles sells shoes?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope that a fashion tie will be making an appearance at su casa.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that you were there to see it... (ouch)

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and dang! I won't be there again this week to see it! the universe is conspiring against me!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home