Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Weekend Update

Naturally the weekend began with Good Soup Friday, or as Kimmi Stewart likes to call it, goodsoupfriday. Traffic was horrendous, but I persevered and had yummy Pad Thai with Chicken. Yes, we went to Ingles afterwards.

New Ingles fact: They're nacho average grocery store. That's the slogan on their bags. They even have a little nacho chip mascot to demonstrate how average they are nach. Uh...I coulda told you that without the little slogan and mascot.

The Polyglot bought a couple of Fashion Ties. He hasn't worn them yet. I'm dying to see them in action.

The boys came over to watch Secret Window. They love it. I wasn't overwhelmed. I actually forgot the name of the movie so I had to imdb Johnny Depp. One of the user reviews for the movie summed up my feelings pretty well. Seeing how the movie is about plagiarism, I'll plagiarize his comments: Nothing special but made enjoyable by a fun(ny) performance by Depp and capable direction. [/plagairism] Yeah, so it wasn't my favorite Depp movie, but I didn't hate it. But I doubt that I'll ever see it again.

This week we're going to watch "The Four Feathers." If The Polyglot had his own blog, he could talk about how droll he will find it. But he doesn't, so I'll go ahead and tell you that I adore this movie. Just don't look at the imdb review. The user says it's a good movie because it has so many "hotties" in it. While that is true, that's not why I like it. Oh and I will admit that Kate Hudson does a BAD English accent.

Then on Saturday and Sunday we had our Circuit Assembly in Athens. I should have stayed overnight in Athens. I will do so next time - an hour and 20 minutes one way is just too far to drive. Dinner Saturday evening was a little frustrating because we couldn't figure out where we were going. One of our friends was in the mood for something "different, not a chain." I understood that, but none of us knew anything about Athens. Thankfully, her sister had seen a little story on TV about a local Italian place so we went there. It ended up being a nice place, but it wasn't terribly speedy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Since I don't have my own blog, i'll blog vicariously through your comment thingy to make you feel better about comments anyway. I have no ill feelings toward the feather movie (yet) but we'll see... i'll "IMDB" it.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I heard the movie was terrible but I'm willing to give it a shot based on your recommendation.

there a lot of non-chain restaurants in athens within walking distance of the CC. check out the Athens visitors' site before going again. There's even one that makes the AJC's Best of list.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Secret Window was very creepy to me. If I'm remembering correctly which one it was. I see so many movies while I'm in Fantasy Land that I'm not really sure of most titles once I return "home".

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, about Athens . . . I met my Athens family for dinner in May at an old converted Shonies. (sp?) I don't remember the name, Mama might, but it was very good and looks nothing like Shonies on the inside.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home