Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hump Day Photo

Wow. I haven't posted a Hump Day Photo in a while. So I'm going to post a photo that I rarely ever show. People don't seem to react to it. I'm curious why they don't.

This seems to be my Chinese week. I started off watching a Chinese movie, progressed to looking at dead Chinese people, had a nice conversation with Kimmi Stewart about Chinese films and directors (over Cuban food while listening to Gypsy French music), and I will now finish up with a photo of Mann's Chinese Theater.

By the way, until this post, I had no idea that the Gypsy Kings were not Hispanic. They're French? That makes me sad. Now I have to get rid of my CD. I can't be caught listening to no Frenchy music! (C'mon! Look at 'em. Do they look French to you?)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photo. It reminds me of Vertigo for some reason, toward the very end, where he pushes the girl out of the tower. (Sorry for anyone that hasn't seen the movie). Yeah, i think it's awesome... know what ISN'T awesome? No good soup this week. But kimmi and I have decided we're going anyway.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

So you're saying people don't like this photo because it reminds them of murder. Chinese roof is murder! Would a photo of a handgun remind them of lazt summer days spent by the shore?

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not saying that. I love the photo because it's very unique. That was just the first thing that came to mind. There's a lot of interpretation to be done there, so it's seen differently by different people (profound, i know) but i do like it.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so does meredith have murder on her mind?

be afraid, what-y-glot, be very afraid.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home