Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Partying with The World

Guess who's coming to Variety Playhouse on Saturday, May 20th? World Party! I'm so excited. I bought the first four tickets. I think T wants one of them. That means there are 2 more up for grabs. Who wants 'em?

Hopefully, all 3 of my readers want to go. If so, here's the link to buy more tickets (they're all general admission).

The news is that Karl has re-released three albums: "Private Revolution", "Goodbye Jumbo" (his best album) and his latest "Dumbing Up." Technically, he didn't re-release "Dumbing Up" since he never actually released it in the States. He released it in the UK back in 2000 and is just now getting around to releasing it here.

The first song, "Here Comes the Future," is classic Karl Wallinger with a nice twist. While the majority of the song sounds very similar to "Ship of Fools" or "Is It Like Today," this song features a female guest singer. I don't know who she is, but she adds a layer of funk that blends very well with Karl's signature style. "Here Comes the Future" seems to be the song he's hoping to turn into a hit. I don't see why it wouldn't be a hit even 6 years after it was created. But then again, I don't see why most songs of today ARE hits, so I'm probably wrong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take 'em. Do they come with two plane tickets? Ha!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want one!!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home