Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Room for Rent

Welp, Roomie may be moving out in 15 days. Then again, maybe not. I don't ever know with him. He tells me one thing, changes his mind 5 hours later and then 5 hours after that does something that he hasn't mentioned at all.

For example:

A few weeks ago I asked him if he was staying in town for Memorial Day Weekend. I was thinking of asking T to come up to spend the weekend with me. Since she can only do so when he is gone, I have to keep an eye out for those times when he's going to be out of town. He replied that he was going to stay in town. No big deal, he does live here.

Instead of making plans with T, I made plans for Mama to spend Friday night with me. She can stay here even when he's home. Thursday evening, Roomie popped his head into my room to tell me that he had decided to go to Savannah. So I could call T if I wanted to. Uh, thanks. I'm sure calling her at 8:30 the night before is not too late... Surely none of my lame friends have made plans for the weekend. She must just be sitting around waiting for someone to call.

Anyway, I was quite surprised to come home Friday and find chicken thawing in the sink. It made NO sense for him to come home to make dinner before getting on the road to Savannah. I called him to ask why he'd left raw chicken in the sink. (I don't think he's above trying to give me Salmonella.) He told me that he'd decided not to go to Savannah. He would be home to cook the chicken. OK. No big deal.

He was already gone from the house by the time I got up on Saturday. He didn't come home until Monday afternoon. I had no idea where he was. I laughed it off and just said, "So you ARE still alive," when I saw him Monday afternoon. He said, "Yeah, I went to Florida."

So after changing his mind twice about going to Savannah, he just up and went to Florida. There's no keeping tabs on that boy.

Anyway, now he says that he's put a contract on a condo. If the contract goes through, the closing will be in 15 days. While a part of me is glad he's moving out because we are fundamentally such different people, another part doesn't know whether or not to believe it. I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

I didn't think I wanted a roommate, but I do like having the money it provides. I think I'd like to have another roommate...if she's an honest-to-goodness adult. Any single no-pet females out there who don't think it's cruel and unusual punishment for me to ask that she pull her share of cleaning the main level once a week? Submit names before talking to any available candidates. Ain't no way I'm getting stuck with a chatty roommate. I'd clean up after current Roomie for years before putting up with someone who wants to talk at me 24/7.

11 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

Too bad I'm not an adult and can support myself. I fit the bill, and would clean the whole down stairs if you let me.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Your aunt would only have to get rid of 47 pets to fit the profile.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so this anonymous checked this blog soon after the big news, and is all up on the happ'nin's in the world now.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

47? That's a little low, don't you think? Why, there's one in my lap right now. It's awfully cute, but making me sneeze...

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooooohhhhhhh if only you knew someone who liked to clean, watch movies, appreciated World Party, and could easily make friends with hot grillin neighbor.... THAT PERSON, THAT ONE, would make a good roomie indeed!!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Why do you think I posted this here? I should have just titled it, "Hey Kimmi, wanna move in?"

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was my original name when I posted this last night, but I refrained for fear of being presumptuous...let us chat!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya'll I'm up to 53.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

53 roomate options? 53 lines to quote from Princess Bride? 53 date balls?

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

53 pets i'm thinking...???

Is Lane an entP? Sure sounds like it...

3:01 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

I think Roomie is an entp. I have to look in my book to verify and believe it or not, I don't carry the book with me to work.

And yes, Jules has about 53 pets.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home