Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Sock Juggling

I went to the Open House for the Spanish class that was held at my Hall yesterday. It was very entertaining. One of the exercises the students had to do in order to learn repetitive things like numbers (uno, dos, tres, quatro...) was to juggle socks. They demonstrated this lost art to a fairly packed house. It was quite funny. Another bizarre activity they had to do - bounce a balloon off their elbow while reciting the books of the Bible in Spanish.

I guess the idea is to get their minds off the translating and get them to just "know" the answers. Interesting concept, especially since I've been doing something kinda similar completely on my own.

I play Sudoku all the time. In my mind, I say the numbers (1-9) to make sure I'm getting them all in the right places. A little over a month ago, I switched to saying the numbers in Russian in my head. Sock juggling? Too uncool for me. I got it covered with Sudoku.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home