Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Weekend Update

Friday:
Two football matches. Germany beat Argentina. Italy beat Ukraine. These weren't huge surprises.

I was so exhausted by the time I finished watching the second match, I decided to lay down for about an hour. I had plans to go out with "the girls." I wasn't sure I could make it and I ended up not. I'm really disappointed in myself that I didn't. You see, my friend Sporty Spice is moving away. This was her last night out with her girlfriends. (She's actually getting on the plane to leave today.) I'll give Sporty Spice her own entry - she deserves it.

Saturday:
As Affable Olive established over on The Polyglot's blog, we watched two more football matches at my house on Saturday. Portugal beat England. I had a good cry along with Becks and John Terry. (It was sad that John Terry cried so much that Deco, a player from the Portugal team, had to console him - but I can't find a photo of that.) Oh and I stand by my opinion that England would not have lost if stoopid Rooney had not STOOD on the opposing player's family jewels. You can't do that.

Then France beat Brazil. I don't remember much about this game except that I really liked the French team by the end. Henry officially became Mr. Offsides during this match. And even I am sad that Zindane is retiring. He is definitely a starter in my fantasy football club. Horsenbuggy +10.

We rounded out Saturday evening with GSAM. My sister Super Mom loved the food, though she admitted that what I got was much better than hers. (She changed her mind at the last minute or I would have told her not to get what she got. Got it?) We watched "Bend it Like Beckham" in honor of England's ouster from the World Cup. The Olive girls spent the night with me.

Sunday:
Party fiasco. Sporty Spice's sister came over at like 7:30 to begin setting up for the Going Away party we had at my clubhouse. The access cards that I was promised would get me in to the clubhouse didn't work. Since I have the insider track, I was able to get in touch with the right people. We got in...3 hours later. We had virtually no time to make dips and do all the little things we needed to do. Somehow we pulled it off. Fiasco diverted.

Meeting.

Party. The party was a lot of fun. I wasn't totally surprised to find that I didn't know over half the people there - Sporty Spice knows lots of people. We mingled. We cried. We laughed. We listened to bad karaoke singing. We ate. A good time was had by all...except Kimi Stewart who was in physical pain.

Monday:
Service.

Movie. My sisters and I went to see "The Devil Wears Prada." It was funny. But it was even funnier to me because the evil lady was so much like a woman that used to work at my company. I seriously got shivers down my spine at one point because the similarity was so creepy.

Babies. I spent the rest of the time playing with the babies. They're awesome. I really hate it that they live so far away.

Tuesday:
Slept late. Ate lunch with Kimi Stewart. Watched my other favorite team get eliminated from the World Cup. Stupid Italy beat Germany 2 - 0. My only hope is France. They play Portugal today in the other Semi-Final game. Thankfully, I will get to see Germany play one more time on Satruday. They will play whoever loses today's match to determine 3rd place. (I don't know what I'll do if they end up playing France.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

I vote for France. I like French colors better, tho I have a good friend who is German...still French.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Well, I'm guessing everyone is caught up on what happened yesterday... and if not, then you're pitiful. and again: pitiful.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home