Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, July 17, 2006

This isn't Good Soup!

GSAM fell apart last weekend because The Polyglot and Kimi Stewart had a work thing to go to. I also think people are getting tired of the same old same old. So I didn't try to force anyone into going with me. Instead, I was invited to join some other people for "all you can eat catfish." Since all I can eat of catfish is less than one bite, I wasn't too excited about the prospect. But they assured me that I could order some thing other than catfish. And I really wanted to hang out with these people...so I bucked up and went.

I was invited by Sporty Nice's sister and her husband. I really hadn't spent much time with either of them until I helped her put together the going away party for Sporty Nice. It turns out that they're really fun people. In fact, I really like Sporty Nice's brother-in-law. Who'da thunk that a short fat white girl and a tall attractive athletic black guy would have had similar not-fitting-in school experiences?

It was also fun to get to know the other people at dinner. I had spent absolutely no time around one of the couples. We know a lot of the same people. In fact, I think one of my favoritest people of all time performed their wedding. (One of Super Mom's old boyfriends that I was convinced I was going to grow up to marry.) And the other person at dinner was a brother I've talked to a little bit. I know his parents pretty well. I don't know his wife at all, so I was looking forward to getting to know her, but she was out of town.

Can I just say, men talk more than women? At least these guys do...

1 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I knew I'd fit right in there...

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home