Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Concert, anyone?

I didn't get much of a response back about the Duran Duran concert.  That's OK, it turns out that my SAD is that weekend, so I wouldn't have been able to go anyway.  But I would like to go to another show that should be a little bit cheaper.  Rooney is going to be at Variety Playhouse on Sunday 6/22.  I will be approximately double the age of every other person at this show, but I can't deny that I adore Rooney.  They make great pop songs.

For those curious about these kinds of things, one of the founding members of Rooney is the son of Talia Shire.  Who?  Throw your head back and shout (in a deep, manly voice), "Yo, Adrian."  Got an image of a woman in your mind?  That's Talia Shire.  She is the sister of Francis Ford Coppola, mother of Jason Schwartzman (Rushmore, Marie Antoinette), and aunt of Nicolas Cage.

The thing is, I only have their first album (CD, whatever).  It looks like they have a new one out that I need to pick up.  Yes, I still buy real CDs.  I rip them to mp3s and put them on my ipod.  I just hate the idea of losing my music if my PC goes down.

Anyway, anyone wanna go?

[and now a word from our sponsors...]



Back to work after baby– how do you know when you're ready?

1 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

Sure. Variety is always affordable. Just let me know.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home