Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Love Bears All Things


Love Bears All Things
Originally uploaded by horsenbuggy

The symbols are castinets that were given to me by P June. I ran across them this weekend and knew immediately that I had to use them as symbols in one of my Barbie shots. I wanted to wait to put them in a shot with other musical instruments, but I don't have any yet. This image came to mind because I wanted to shoot something with Barbie and her new man toy.

Speaking of boy toys, this is a "fully articulated" male action figure (that means he can put his hands up to his ears but Barbie can't). The body is all ripped and muscle-y. The head that came with the body has a really mean face - he's a soldier determined to get the job done. As much as I hate Barbie's permanent toothy grin, a permanent scowl is even worse. However, while rummaging through my nephew's toys, I found a neglected body from the Inspector Gadget movie. My sister, nephew and I performed a head transplant and ... VOILA! I have a pleasant face on my male body.

There's another funny thing about this male figure. I've been looking at some heads on ebay that are molded and painted to look exactly like famous Hollywood actors. I've been tempted to buy Paul Newman, Robert Redford or Christian Bale. I mean, how cool would it be for my Barbie to pose in shots with Paul Newman - two icons of pop culture? But I'm cheap and I couldn't pass up this free head that works just as well as those others would have. So instead of posing with Paul Newman, Barbie is stuck with Matthew Broderick...sorta. I don't think this head actually looks like the Inspector Gadget character. It would have been cool to think of Barbie posing with Ferris Bueller, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home