Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Poetry time

I was showing off some photos at work today.  One of the ladies who saw them didn't know that I like to do photography in my spare time.  She got my Flickr address from another coworker who looks at my photos every month or so.  The first lady sent me this message through email:

[HnB's real name], [other coworker's name] forward [sic] me your photo website.  I don't know which was more impressive..the photos or the comments.  You are such an interesting person, I had no idea your talents and interests!  Rock on Sista!

This very sweet comment reminded me of one of my favorite poems by Rachel Field.

My Inside-Self and my Outside-Self
Are different as can be.
My Outside-Self wears gingham smocks,
And very round is she,
With freckles sprinkled on her nose,
And smoothly parted hair,
And clumsy feet that cannot dance
In heavy shoes and square.

But, oh, my little Inside-Self --
In gown of misty rose
She dances lighter than a leaf
On blithe and twinkling toes;
Her hair is blowing gold, and if
You chanced her face to see,
You would not think she could belong
To staid and sober me!

[and now a word from our sponsors...]





PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deep...

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home