Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Am I the only one?

The "work" we did this weekend reminded me of a very peculiar food combination that I have loved since ... I don't actually remember not loving it. 

Potato chips on burgers or sandwiches.

I don't load up sandwiches or burgers with lots of fixin's.  On a burger, I typically only go for ketchup, on a sandwich I go for lettuce and a little mayonnaise.  But if I have access to plain potato chips, I love to add them to my sandwich or burger.

Am I the only one who does this?  I tried to Google it to see if it's a regional thing.  So far, it seems to be a guy thing (or at least they're the only ones who 'fess up to doing it).  I don't know who influenced me to start this, but I know that I influenced my cousin, Xoomie's mother, to start this about 10 years ago.  She saw me do it and had to try it - she was hooked.  Can I hook some more people on this yummy practice? 

Try it.  You'll like it. 

[and now a word from our sponsor...]



Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i'm Initiative now. It's free.  Make it count!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MS does something very similar. He loves crunchiness. He'll put tortilla chips on his sandwiches. I've seen him put fries on his burgers (not Exactly Crunchy but same general idea)

How is it I'm dating a guy whose initials are also a disease, just like me?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

Well, I do it and so does my boyfriend. His ex does it as well. Ruffles on a ham and swiss w/ deli style mustard is great. (That's Andy's favorite.) I personally prefer a variety of doritos with turkey/chicken sandwiches. Masterpiece BBQ Lays on boars head cajun roast beef is SO TASTY!! Reg ol Lays are good on burgers. Any original flavor. Nothing special cuz it can't cover up the taste of the burger.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home