Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Football Crisis

I'm distraught.  The man who made me love football, Arsenal football in particular, is leaving Arsenal.  Thierry Henry is joining Barcelona.  There are rumors that the fabulous Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, will leave when his contract expires at the end of next year. 

What do I do?  I mean, I will watch Henry play at Barcelona.  I watched several Barca games last year because my second favorite player, Ronaldinho, plays for them.  But Wenger leaving is a real tragedy.  He has a very different team building strategy than any other English League manager.  His strategy didn't server him well last year, but I believe it will pay off in just a couple more years.  He's already brought all kinds of greatness to Arsenal before I started watching.  I was really looking forward to seeing that return. 

I think the dream is over.  The shine has worn off.  I'm deflated. 

... at least until Barca wins their league next year.

[and now a word from our sponsor...]



Change is good. See what's different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"His strategy didn't server him well last year"

you IT geek

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home