Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Yee to the Haw.

I'm back and I wish I could say that I'm unscathed.  But, scathed I am.  I spent Saturday vomiting up the nothingness that was in my stomach.  Seriously.  I ate very little on the trip - eggs and bread for breakfast and then barely one saucer full of food at lunch and dinner each day.  I typically squeezed in a granola bar at some point in the day, but not quite every day.  One or two nights we had "Western" food and I typically ate that right up.  But the portion sizes were small enough that even then I didn't eat too much (which is a good thing).

Then Friday I had a waffle for breakfast, a tiny packet of pretzels on the plane and then nothing until Mama fixed me a grilled cheese sandwich at her house around 4:30.  I had a couple of bowls of dry cereal for dinner once I got home.  So there really wasn't anything left in my system to purge on Saturday morning.  But I retched anyway.  I am not accustomed to throwing up.  The last time I threw up was in 1998 or 1999 and before that, I hadn't thrown up since eating some bad ham in the 8th grade.  Typically, if I do throw up it's a one time thing and I feel better.  That was not the case on Saturday.  I threw up three times.  That's more than I've vomited on one day since I was a toddler.

I felt decidedly better yesterday, but skipped the meeting just in case I had some kind of infectious virus.  Obviously, I can't skip the meeting tonight.  I felt much better this morning when I got up, but there have been some touch and go moments at work.  I've felt a little nauseated, but not actually to the point of thinking I was going to lose it.

Welp, I'm sure this is not the topic you expected me to post about.  But this is what you get...me in all my gory.

[and now a word from our sponsors...]




It's tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips Check it out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

A good follow up post might be about how your garbage can smells and why it does. Feel better soon. :)

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home