Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

How many talents were you given?

Our congregation had a talent show tonight. The main feature was a drama written by a sister and acted by all the kids. It was about Noah and the Flood. It was cute, but they didn't use mics so it was very hard to hear.

There were a few singers, a couple of dancers, a couple of musicians and one gymnast. The highlights for me were the opera singer and the kid who played violin. The opera singer is an authentically trained opera singer. She was incredible. The kid who played violin is this 14 year old boy who is my little friend. I knew that he played, but I'd never heard him. I was really impressed. I would love to have a recording of him to listen to.

There was also a table for people to display their various works of art. I took along my portfolio of photos and some greetings cards I made up a few years ago. One of the sisters told me that she loved my work and ended up buying 5 greetings cards. How funny is that? I went to a congregation gathering and made money.

I also got to meet the mother of a sister who used to be in my congregation. She is a librarian at a local high school (Poly's old school and the place where I shot some of T's portraits). She got my contact info so that she could put together a display of my work in her library. Cool.

[and now a word from our sponsors...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home